Another Frick recipe that we can't go without sharing. The fresh ingredients in this pasta are the perfect pair for Frick's smoked ham. The sauce holds lots of flavor, but isn't overly thick. So good, you'll want to make extra for leftovers.
Ham Linguine A La Mora
- 3/4 pound fully cooked Frick’s ham, cut into julienne strips (1.5 cups)
- 16 oz Linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (4 oz.)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 13-3/4 ounce can beef broth
- 3/4 cup light cream or milk
- 1/2 cup snipped parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 6 ounces linguine, cooked
- 8 ounces spinach, coarsely chopped
Cook linguine according to package instructions.
In a heavy 12-inch skillet brown almonds over medium heat about 5 minutes or till golden, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet; set aside. In same skillet cook mushrooms and onion in butter or margarine and oil until onions are tender but not brown. Stir in the flour and thyme. Add the beef broth and cream all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more. Stir in 1/4 cups of the almonds, the ham, parsley, chopped spinach, and the mustard. Stir in the hot cooked linguine. Sprinkle the remaining almonds over individual servings.