Nothing says cozy night like a warm bowl of soup. With potatoes and smoked turkey, this creamy soup is for anyone who wants a warm, hearty, feel-good meal.
Smoked Turkey Potato Soup
• 2 Frick’s smoked turkey drums
• 5 large russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
• 2 large, 22.6 oz cans cream of mushroom
• 1, 32 oz box turkey broth
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 4 tsp. minced garlic
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Remove meat from the turkey bones, careful not to include any tendons. Place the bones at the bottom of a large, deep roasting pan.
3. Chop the turkey meat, then add it and all other ingredients to the roasting pan. Mix ingredients the best you can around the bones.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until warmed to your liking. Remove from oven. Bones that were used to add flavor can now be removed and thrown away if desired.
5. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: If the soup isn’t thick enough for your liking, mixing in a bit of corn starch after
baking should thicken it nicely.
Sourdough or French bread