Bologna and spice is everything nice. Use this rub on bologna then smoke, grill or broil it for a mildly spicy, crisp outer crust and a wonderfully smooth center.
Bologna with Sweet & Spicy Rub
- 16 oz Frick’s bologna chub
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together mustard, sugar, onion powder, and spices until well blended.
- Score the top of the bologna chub by making half inch deep, angled cuts in one direction and then the other, creating a crisscross, diamond shaped pattern.
- Coat the outside of the bologna chub with the sugar and spice blend. Be sure to get some of the rub between the cuts.
- Lightly coat a sheet pan with oil. Place the bologna on the pan and bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven.
- If you want the top to get extra crispy, change oven settings to broil using high heat. Place bologna back in oven or into broiler drawer for 1-2 minutes. Remove and serve warm.