When ham and beef come together, it’s a wonderful thing. Dripping with sweet, tangy sauce, these meatballs demand to be eaten.
- 2 lbs Frick’s ground ham
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion flakes
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp. each of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground ham, ground beef, eggs, whipping cream, breadcrumbs and onion flakes. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2” to 2” round balls (about 1/3 cup in size). Place in a 9×13 and an 8×8 baking pan.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, then pour sauce over meatballs, dividing it between the two pans.
- Bake the meatballs for one hour. Baste with sauce once while cooking and before serving.
- Serve warm.
Note: These meatballs will look a little pink inside. That is to be expected since they are primarily ham.
- White or cauliflower rice
- Mashed potatoes
- Vegetable medley