When ham and beef come together, it’s a wonderful thing. Dripping with sweet, tangy sauce, these meatballs demand to be eaten.
Ingredients & Instructions
- 2 lbs Frick’s ground ham
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion flakes
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp. each of salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine ground ham, ground beef, eggs, whipping cream, breadcrumbs and onion flakes. Mix well.
Roll the mixture into 1 1/2” to 2” round balls (about 1/3 cup in size). Place in a 9×13 and an 8×8 baking pan.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients, then pour sauce over meatballs, dividing it between the two pans.
Bake the meatballs for one hour. Baste with sauce once while cooking and before serving.
Note: These meatballs will look a little pink inside. That is to be expected since they are primarily ham.