Ham & Mushroom Soup
Fill up a bowl and warm your soul with the earthy, meaty flavors in this dish.
Ingredients & Instructions
- 8 oz Frick’s diced ham
- 10 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 10 oz cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 4 cups (32 oz) vegetable stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 Tbsp. white wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Then add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for another 12 minutes.
Add flour and stir to combine. Then add vinegar, stock, half and half, thyme, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Continue cooking at a simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 18 minutes, or until soup begins to thicken. Stir in the ham and simmer another couple minutes, then serve hot.