Ham and rice with cream cheese, onion and chives - now that’s good stuff. Good stuff for stuffed peppers.
Ham & Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 8 oz Frick’s ham, diced
- 3 large sweet bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked, long-grain white rice
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. green onion, finely chopped (half white, half green)
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut peppers lengthwise and remove the stems and seeds. Lightly coat the peppers in olive oil (~1 Tbsp.). Place pepper halves cut face down on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Pour remaining olive oil into a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped white stalks of green onion to skillet. Saute until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth, ham & onion powder. Bring to a simmer, then keep at a low simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add in cooked rice, cream cheese, salt, pepper, chives & chopped green stalks of green onion, then mix until well combined.
- Up oven heat to 400°F. Flip over peppers then spoon heaps of the mixture into the pepper halves to fill them. Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar, then bake for 5-7 min. Bake an additional 2 min. on a high broil setting to lightly brown the tops of cheese. Enjoy warm.