Southern Hash Browns & Ham Sheet Pan Bake
No one wants to do a lot of dishes in the morning, so go easy on yourself and make a full breakfast in a sheet pan, including ham, eggs, hash browns and even jelly.
Ingredients & Instructions
- 2 cups diced Frick’s Applewood Qtr. Ham
- 1 (20 oz) bag refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (additional for greasing sheet pan)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1 Tbsp. creamy horseradish
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (green ends only)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place the hash browns on a large sheet pan, drizzle them with the 3-tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle them with 1/2-teaspoon of both salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned.
In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, jelly, horseradish, mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Pour the mixture over the hash browns, add the ham, then toss to combine.
Move the hash browns aside to create four wells. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil in each well and then add an egg into each one.
Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your preference.
Garnish with scallions and additional black pepper.
A Colleen of Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice creation