This spaghetti-casserole fusion adds in some sure-to-please ingredients like bacon and cheese. It just might be your family's new favorite.
Kicked Up Spaghetti
1 lb spaghetti
4 strips Frick’s bacon, chopped
1 large (10- to 12-ounce) red onion, finely chopped
1 container (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
4 large eggs
2 cups (2-percent) reduced-fat milk
1 teaspoon cayenne (ground red) pepper
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups frozen peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat large covered sauce-pot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook spaghetti as label directs.
3. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. To fat in pan, add onion. Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. While onion cooks, in very large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, cayenne, half of Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
5. Drain spaghetti well. Stir into ricotta mixture along with peas, bacon, and onion. Spread in even layer in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.