Oh how the simple things in life can make what's already great into something even greater. Just two ingredients are needed to add the perfect amount of sweetness to a savory ham dish.
Pineapple & Brown Sugar Glaze
• 1 (15 oz) can sliced pineapple
• 1 cup brown sugar
1. Drain and reserve juice from pineapple can.
2. If desired, place pineapple slices on ham before baking, using toothpicks to hold in place.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, mix together brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Microwave for about 5 min., or until the mixture has thickened.
4. 30 min. before baking is complete, pour or brush some of the glaze onto the ham then continue to bake. After baking 15 min. more, pour or brush remaining glaze onto the ham. Return ham to oven and bake uncovered for the final 15 min.